Saturday, May 21, 2011

05.21.2011

Today was the Red Riding shoot! Yesterday I made the home made blood, and I have to say how freakin impressed I am that it came out so well. It came out better than better! Considering I kind of messed up while making it for the first time ever. I think maybe sitting over night really let the ingredients mix.
WOW. I'm still amazed how realistic it looked. I almost didn't want to use it!

We thought we were going to get rained out, but the skies held up. I decided to shoot down at the abandoned house up on the mountain- there was some shots I wanted to get up against the vines growing on the house. Once I found the most perfect spot in the wooded back yard though, I sort of forgot about the house.
Got a lot of pre-gore shots that are amazing, thanks to Tiffany- my model. She was such a trooper, fighting off the mosquito's and working in a heavily buggy area. She was less freaked out about the spiders, than I was.
I have a handful of photos posted on my photography facebook page so go check them out! And like the page, if you have a fb account!

This experience definitely gave me some more ideas on future shoots. I can't wait to start planning out the next one.