Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Message

Recently I was directed to a particular page of someone who apparently isn't a fan of my work, but more so- isn't a fan of me. Some heinous claims were made at one point about the authenticity of my photos, and my intentions with the ideas/concepts behind them.

I assure you I do not imitate or *steal* any other persons work, nor do I, or ever have, had intentions of doing it. 

These days where it seems you could throw a stone and hit someone who claims to be a photographer, it is likely that an idea has already, in some shape or form, been produced. Originality is hard to come by these days. It's not an easy job to do trying to figure out an absolute new twist on something that's so widespread. That's why you don't see me updating hundreds of photos every single day. I shoot what I feel, when the time is right- as sparingly as that may be at times. Am I influenced by other photographers? Of course, we all are. Chances are, I've had every single idea that I already see produced by another, I just haven't gotten around to shooting that concept yet, for whatever reason. If you don't believe me, then take a look at my notebooks filled with ideas, and the corresponding dates in which they were created.

The person obviously has no professional values, and sadly the accusations are coming from a different, more personal perspective, than simply trying to seek justice.



Misty