Saturday, November 26, 2011

11.26.11

I started a family project- Steve and I were given tons of old photos from the 40's to go through. They are pictures of his father when he served in the military, and of his family. Right now, I'm in the process of uploading them to a Facebook page I made for his family, so they can all see these photos that they probably have never seen before.
It's a tedious process- for some reason my scanner isn't recognizing my computer, so I have to scan the photos in groups onto a memory card, and then transfer them to my pc. After they are uploaded there- I have to crop them, do minor color correction, etc.
Well, for the first time I experimented with hand coloring a photo (digitally), and wow! I'm addicted!! It's so cool to bring color to these old photographs. It really brings them to life! I can't wait until I'm done with the uploading project, so I can work on coloring these photos!!!



Here's a couple offhand!