Friday, October 22, 2010

October 22nd

Sat with the Dr. early this morning- the fetus was that of a girl, she was missing a chromosome. A case like this is also knows as Turner Syndrome. This occurs in 3% of conceptions, 99% of which end in miscarry or stillbirth. 1 in every 1,500 to 2,500 births (wide range, I know) are of that of a child with Turner Syndrome. Everything indicates that this, and the other miscarry "just happened" and we shouldn't be alarmed. Yet. If I miscarry again, then further testing will be done on myself and Steve.

SO. That's out of the way.

Trying to make sense of the mess that the house is in. Most of the gifts for Christmas came pouring in the past couple of days. I have to hurry and wrap them so prying eyes don't peek. A sugar pumpkin is sitting on the counter top anticipating to be baked into a delicious pumpkin pie, and clothes are scattered everywhere, patiently waiting to be steamed, folded or hung. I can't believe the amount of clothing I have accumulated.
3 full size dresser drawers, 3 small dresser drawers, and an entire closet in the spare room which includes 2 hanging racks (one on top, and one on bottom) and a shelf full of folded clothes.

And I'm still behind on editing.