Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ranting.

I have to rant, because it goes along with something I feel strongly about.
Bullying.
Or just being a juvenile ass to begin with, no matter what age you are.

I read a status update on my facebook last night, a girl I went to school with who has Psoriasis, she had a customer where she works make a rude comment to management about her skin condition. That she doesn't "cover her scabs".
Mind you, this was an adult who made this remark.
Now I don't know the full details of the story from beginning to end, but that much I know is the facts of what happened. And that's enough for me to know.

Really people? Are we going to resort to grade school behavior?

Another incident that happened yesterday involved myself. I was at the grocery store, walking down the beverage isle and I see a coupon posted on the shelf, so I stopped to check it out. There was a guy and a girl standing nearby. I heard the guy make the remark "I smell fried chicken, do you smell fried chicken?" to the girl, and then there was a long pause before she started giggling, which made him giggle. I just so happened to look at the couple, and they were looking at me.
Whatever inside joke they have between one another, and whatever smelling like fried chicken means to them, they obviously referred that immature, less-than-humorous joke to me, considering we were far from being near the fried chicken section of the super market.

My first reaction to quickly picking up that I was the brunt of their joke was to giggle too. Just not in a "haha I can only IMAGINE what that fried chicken reference is, and I'm soooo dying to know why you're designating it to me..." kind of way.
My second reaction was to pick up a nearby litre of water, and chuck it at his head.
But then I'd be sinking down to his maturity level, I suppose.

Honestly people, GROW UP! I'm all about laughing and having a good time, making the best of my day... but not to the expense of others.

My interaction with these morons (I can display my immaturity here in my blog by calling them morons, it doesn't count as sinking down to their level...) wasn't quite as upsetting as hearing about my friend who has Psoriasis, who still has to put up with uneducated, childish remarks as an adult.... from other adults.
That part bothers me the most, knowing that people who have conditions such as hers, or even other challenges they have to face through out their lives, are still getting pick on and treated differently.

To me, that says a lot about the idiots out there. What kind of people are they? Certainly not someone I would want to be around.