Thursday, December 30, 2010

12.30

I can't believe it's been a year ago today that we flew out to O'ahu and got engaged!
At this time last year, I was sooo sleepy eyed, being dragged through the foreign, humid streets trying to find the Hard Rock Cafe to meet up with Jerry and the Misfits. We were exhausted and couldn't check into our hotel room yet. I remember the Concierge offered to stash our bags in locked closet so we didn't have to haul them around. I remember too that Steve held onto his small bath bag for dear life... I was thinking it was because we had a large amount of cash stashed in there. Little did I know that my engagement ring was in there and he was protecting it with his life!

I miss Hawaii so much. I miss visiting Pearl Harbor and riding around in that ugly little scooter car that was so uncomfortable when we made any turns. I miss the food and the music and the sunrise on the beach looking down to Diamond Head. The museums were amazing with all of the history of the Islands.

I think I'll take a stroll through my pics again, just for the memories :)

A few Hawaii pics