Saturday, January 15, 2011

1.15.11

I don't know how to bring to my husband's attention that I want to convert his downstairs gym into my photo studio. I'm pretty sure he won't take it so lightly.
I had to do some test shots down there earlier, to gauge the lighting. I have 3 sessions coming up and two of them will be done here. Our house is big enough as it is, but sometimes I wish it was just a bit bigger.
Apparently house shopping is on our list for the spring time. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for extra studio space AND good property for an outdoor location. I'll have my work cut out for me either way. I have a vision on how I want a piece of yard to be set up for both my benefit and for a scenic photo backdrop. I plan on my outdoor living space to be Zen heaven!


Plus, I still got my dolla and a dream, too!


For Christmas I'd gotten a beginner yoga kit which comes with a dvd, obviously. If you're a beginner at yoga, I would hope one would assume you have no idea what you're doing and need some assistance.
The first time popping the dvd in, I decided to click on the more advance menu option... thinking that even though I am oblivious to the yoga universe, I could still "jump right in" to the nitty gritty section.
Pfft.
I didn't make it halfway through the 10 minute session and I was huffing and puffing away. I found myself, on more than one occasion, making involuntary squeaking noises and reaching for my bottle of water because somehow maneuvering myself between the cobra, triangle and some dog pose was exerting a bit too much effort on my, what I thought, limber body.
I'd openly admit now that I am indeed not limber in any way/shape/form. Not in the yoga universe anyways.
But it was fun, and I feel wonderful.
Today I clicked on the A.M Yoga menu option that focus's on getting your body awake and alert, slowly, after waking in the morning. This was way more soothing and relaxing and I didn't have to struggle to keep up with Rodney Yee like I did in the advanced.
So, I'd recommend yoga to anyone. It's definitely going to be a routine in my week.