Thursday, January 6, 2011

1.6.11

I think my husband and I may have watched too many episodes of American Pickers. We're in a mood to collect unusual things, and decorate our home with them.

Last weekend, we went to the mall and happen to see this store that was selling really odd things. I had to check it out being they had carved elephant figures for sale... and I love anything that has to do with elephants.
To make a long story short, we ended up going back to the store after we purchased a few small items, to try and talk the store owner down on one of the things he was selling. Luckily, he was going out of business and was willing to part with a particular item that I was strangely drawn to.
We'll be going back again soon to grab a few more things that we decided we want to get. We're doing some partial redecorating to the house, and it seems we've picked unusual decor to do it with.

Meet Sir Elroy of the Palisade Crusaders