Monday, July 4, 2011

It's the HOLIDAY people, the HOLIDAY!

Ok, seriously?
I just had to pop into town on a personal errand, making a pit stop at a particular store where I didn't even make it one step into the building before I heard from behind me "What!?!? The bank isn't open today!?!", and not in a jokingly type of tone. A serious, annoyed tone.
I ignored it. Like I usually do when I'm off the clock- as if to say "I'm not at work, don't bother me with petty work issues right now... IT'S ME TIME!!!"
Ok, so I didn't really react that way. But I wanted to!!!


Instead I just... ok, I ignored it for about 3, maybe 4 seconds before I casually replied with a "Who?? Me?? *turns head in both directions and points at self* You talking to meeee?"

"The bank is closed!!!" hissed said customer.

"Yea,... I dunno..... pfft.. that dang bank...." *Insert eye roll* In my mind I was envisioning the Shallow Hal scene where Hal raises both hands up to either side of his face and does the *coo coo* *coo coo* while scrolling his eyes back and forth, imitating a coo coo clock.
 

I should have. But I didn't. Damn how I regret not doing that now! I just walked away instead. Because, after all, I was scared!! I felt threatened at the sound of angry hisses and snarls! I seriously felt my life was in danger, and I had to either fight or flight.

Yea, no. I particularly like to be *assaulted* about banking hours, or lack thereof, while I'm in my street clothes.
I should sue. Or wear a badge on my shirt when I'm off clock that warns people that I have the right to sue if approached about non-leisure related issues whilst in casual clothing. People should be more careful on how they approach others!



Anyone know a good lawyer?!